Families and friends will gather the evening of December 13 for Mellody Farm’s inaugural ‘A Very Merry Holiday’ festivities at the new Vernon Hills, IL 268,782 SF development. Event details include free photos with Santa Claus, a hot chocolate bar, cookie decorating station, holiday story reading and more. It’s also a great time to sneak in some more holiday shopping.
In the spirit of sipping, snapping photos (with Santa, of course!) and sharing, we put together some of our favorite gift ideas from Mellody Farm merchants. From small stocking stuffers to coveted white elephant gift exchange items, our 10 picks to help you whittle down your list are detailed below:
1. The bookworm in your life will enjoy former First Lady Michelle Obama's memoir, 'Becoming.' She takes readers on a journey through her past — both publicly and privately — chronicling those life experiences that have shaped her life. | Barnes & Noble
2. Take a foodie friend or family member to lunch (via a gift card or I-O-U) at this new Mellody Farm eatery. Roti's menu combines popular flavors from around the Mediterranean with fresh, high-quality ingredients to prove food can be healthy and hearty at the same time. Whether your companion's diet is vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, keto, paleo, or just hungry, Roti's ability to personalize your dining experience makes for a memorable meal. | Roti Modern Mediterranean
3. Up the spice game with 'Brush Fire' scratch-made BBQ sauce for the backyard grillmaster on your list. This sauce touts a selection of premium peppers, exotic spices and pure cane sugar which provide a bit of heat in this all-natural recipe. Choose from original, Sweet City, Swine Wine and Low Co. too — all just $4.99! | City BBQ
4. Let there be light (and power)! The Luci Pro inflatable solar lantern is a practical gift, and can also be used for camping or backyard BBQs. Charged by solar power (or USB), the device also serves as a power bank that can power your smartphone's battery. Win-win! | REI
5. An adjustable 'Shine Dailey' trucker-style hat is an appropriate choice for the barre and cycling enthusiast on your list — they'll love wearing this on casual days with yoga pants, sweatshirt and a ponytail. | The Dailey Method
6. The craft beer lover in your life is sure to enjoy a quarterly subscription membership. The Lazy Dog Beer Club provides an opportunity to try beer from some of Lazy Dog's favorite craft brewers. Each quarter, members get a Beer Kit for at-home consumption plus additional member benefits. Cheers! | Lazy Dog
7. With burgers, fries and craft beers, the food-loving friend or co-worker will enjoy a special treat from this Chicago-based favorite burger joint. (pro tip: offer to babysit too!) If you purchase a $50 gift card, you'll also receive a $10 bonus gift card that you can keep for yourself or stuff in someone's stocking! There's no limit on this great special offer either. | Kuma's Corner
8. Entertainers in your life will love any of Master Sommelier Devon Broglie's Sommelier Best-in-Class holiday wines. They deliver quality flavor at a great value. Look for the small maroon medallions around the store to lead you to these wines — they're also on sale! Kids will enjoy classic educational toys by Melissa and Doug and PBS Kids. Whole Foods Market has a curated selection. (In December a portion of proceeds of the toys' sales will be donated to the Whole Kids Foundation, which is dedicated to helping kids eat healthier.) | Whole Foods Market
9. Cult-following beauty brand Urban Decay's 'Ultimate Basics' matte eye shadow palette is a shiny, sleek square case with 12 new neutral shades. The make-up lover on your list will thank you for the versatility and portability of this classic palette! | Nordstrom Rack
10. A colorful gift card in any denomination is sure to please the homemaker or decorator in your family. From edible packaged goods (think sauces, maple syrups, candies, pasta and more!) to fluffy towels, colorful pillows, lamps, rugs and beyond, rest assured that accessory-lovers will find the perfect item while perusing HomeGoods' ever-changing shelves. | HomeGoods
Transforming the Retail Experience
With its unique merchandising, vast outdoor gathering areas, public art displays and compelling buildings, Mellody Farm is designed to create a transformative shopping experience unlike any other.
Creating a Destination
Located in the heart of Chicago’s affluent northern suburb of Vernon Hills, Mellody Farm will offer a convenient, upscale, open-air, regionally located shopping and dining destination. The center is positioned two miles west of I-94, at the corner of Milwaukee Avenue & Townline Road. Rooted in heritage and built for today’s customer, it will provide 270,000 SF of retail and 260 executive apartments to the diverse and burgeoning population of Vernon Hills and surrounding Lake County.
Urban Energy in the Suburbs
Urban sensibility, modern finishes, and diverse shopping options including Whole Foods Market, REI, Nordstrom Rack, HomeGoods, and many regionally recognized specialty shops and eateries – Mellody Farm is designed for the modern Lake County customer.